Sunday, May 18, 2014

May The Force Be With You

Sadly we have reached the end of my Star Wars blog.  This is my final post and I will not continue to post anymore.  The adventure doesn’t end here however with Star Wars Episode VII scheduled for release in theaters on December 18, 2015.  After Disney bought Lucasfilm on December 30, 2012 for $4 billion, plans for a sequel trilogy (episodes VII-IX) were announced and episode VII was under way. 
 


 
I was so excited like many other Star Wars fans when we finally got casting news on April 29, 2014.  There are many new faces and old cast members returning. Han, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and R2-D2 are all returning to the Star Wars universe a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....  Here is an official picture of the cast gathering for their first script table read at Pinewood Studios released on April 29, 2014.  The movie takes place 35 years after the events of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. 
Disney will be distributing, J.J. Abrams of Star Trek is directing, and maestro John Williams is returning to compose the score.  I'm still kind of bummed that we won't be hearing the familiar 20th Century Fox introduction.  Pre-production filming has taken place in April in Iceland and the Abu Dhabi desert.  Principal photography will be taking place at Pinewood Studios in London, England and the Abu Dhabi desert starting this month.  Additional footage will be filmed in Morocco and maybe Tunisia. 
I have learned that I'm a pretty good blogger and that blogging takes commitment, dedication, and hard work.  It doesn't write itself over night.  I hope all of you guys have enjoyed reading this blog as much as I have enjoyed writing it and maybe I’ll even see some of you guys at the Star Wars Episode VII premiere. 
 
I’ve been literally counting the days until the premiere since the release date was announced on November 7, 2013.  I even have it on my calendar on my iPhone.  I’m not crazy at all.  I want to go to the midnight premiere so badly because people dress up as Star Wars characters for Midnight Madness.  If I could I would camp out.  It sounds like so much fun. 
 
I wish I could also go to the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim from April 16-19, 2015, but unfortunately won’t be able to go because I live in S.F.  I'm still hoping that the rest of the Star Wars episodes will be re-released in 3D in theaters too. 
I want to dedicate this Star Wars blog to the biggest, most dedicated Star Wars fan I know, who I met on Twitter.  I can never thank you enough for introducing me to the amazing Clone Wars series.  I think we were both incredibly sad when we finished that final 13th episode from season 6 of the series on Netflix and still wish the series hadn’t been cancelled. 
There’s nothing more fun than having endless conversations about anything related to Star Wars with you and fangirling over Anidala.  Nobody ships the OTP like us.  Nobody.  And I think we can both agree that we want to marry Anakin even if he is a fictional character.  I know we will both be definitely watching Star Wars Episode VII.  I wish we could go together.  (P.S. continue writing Star Wars fan fiction when you have the inspiration)
I would like to end this with a quote from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. 
"The Force will be with you, always."-Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment